Window washer job application with payment of $2,359 a month
Window washer job application with payment of $2,359 a month –
Location: United States
The Window Washer is responsible for cleaning exterior and interior windows on the Central Washington University campus following established protocols. This position provides continuous backup and support for Custodial Services, Grounds, Maintenance Mechanic Shop, Electrical Shop, Plumbing Shop, Paint Shop, Control Technician Shop and Weld Shop.
- Clean interior and exterior glass on the University campus buildings at all levels. Erect and inspect scaffolding per state law regulations. Wash exterior windows using Tucker window system and hand squeegee. Use scaffolding, ladders and aerial lift devices to reach and clean interior and exterior windows. Move and replace furniture and equipment to gain better access to windows. Service and maintain equipment.
- Assist in office furniture moves, communicating with occupants to minimize disruption and to assure efficient, safe and smooth moves. Communicate/work with electricians, telephone /computer personal to complete moves as needed.
- Load and unload trucks and move furniture, equipment, surplus, supplies and materials as needed.
- Apply specialized knowledge of Steelcase component furniture from a variety of models, styles, as well as other manufacturers of furniture to assemble, dis-assemble, re-assemble, adjust, and furniture workstations.
- Independently, find or substitute necessary components needed to meet workstation requirements. (File Peds, drawers, legs, end panels, cantilever parts, etc.)
Event Set Up
- Deliver, set up and tear down for special events to include stage decking, ramps, bleachers, chairs tables and floor covering.
- Shovel snow, de-ice where necessary. Operate trucks and tractors to plow and remove snow and ice.
- Attend weekly tailgate and monthly meetings. Attend training sessions for aerial lift devices, forklift, fall protection and fall arrest, scaffolding and other required training.
- Ability to perform the job duties of the position and meet the physical demands of the working conditions.
- Experience washing windows in an industrial, business or similar environment.
- Experience or training using ladders, scaffolding, extension poles and aerial lifts devices.
- Excellent communications skills. Must be able to follow written and/or verbal instructions.
- Experience working productively while unsupervised for extended periods.
- Experience producing work that meets both quantity and quality expectations while still meeting demanding deadlines.
- Ability to work in highly sensitive areas and maintain security and confidentiality
- Valid State Driver’s License.
- Requires a Class B CDL with air brake endorsement within 6 months of hire
- OR applicable combination of education and/or experience which demonstrates the ability to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Experience using email software such as MS Outlook
- Experience using computer software to record hours worked and/or leave requests
- Experience moving, delivering, and setting up office furniture, partitions, cubicles. (This represents 15% of duties)
- Training/experience performing general custodial work.
- Training/experience in the service and maintenance of work equipment.
- Experience in special set-ups such as staging, chairs, and barriers.
- Accountability/Dependability: Accepts responsibility for quality of own work; acknowledges and corrects mistakes. Shows up on time, meets standards, deadlines and work schedules.
- Judgement: Makes timely, informed decisions. Analyzes options and determines appropriate course of action.
- Teamwork: Promotes cooperation and mutual support to achieve goals. Encourages participation and mutual support.
- Adaptability/Flexibility: Responds positively to changing business needs and responsibilities. Adapts approach and methods to achieve results; recovers quickly from setbacks and finds alternatives.
- Commitment to Diversity: Recognizes the value of diversity and helps create environment that supports and embraces diversity.
- Interact daily with faculty, students, staff and others in the campus community in a professional manner. Treat others and be treated with respect; perform with integrity, honesty and professionalism; participate constructively in open communication; help to resolve issues and difficult situations in ways that reduce conflict and maintain good working relationships; improve work performance and take an active part in generating a mutually supportive environment. Recognize that diversity is an asset and value cultural, physical and professional differences.
Salary: $2359/month with periodic increases up to $2044/month
Schedule/Appointment: Monday – Friday, 5:00am-1:30pm/ WFSE Bargaining Unit 1
Working Conditions: This position may work indoors and outdoors, at times in hot/cold/noisy/dirty/wet/confined areas such as mechanical rooms, manholes and excavations, and may need to physically access work areas with the equipment and tools necessary for completion of the job. This often requires standing/crawling/bending/walking/climbing while carrying/pulling/pushing/lifting associated with equipment or tools. Occasional overtime is required and shift work may be required. May need to drive a service vehicle in congested areas.
Scheduled hours and days off may vary depending on the needs of the department. May be required to work weekends, evenings and holidays. This position is subject to unplanned overtime including emergency call back situations. Occasional travel may be required. The incumbent will work indoors and outdoors, including working in inclement weather during daylight and dark hours. Employee may be exposed to hazards typical of waste and recyclables collection, including but not limited to debris, broken glass or other sharp, broken materials.
Benefits: CWU offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental insurance, retirement and optional savings plans, life and disability insurance, along with vacation and sick leave plans depending on employment classification. For additional information please visit: http://www.cwu.edu/hr/benefits-0
To apply for this position, you must complete the on-line application and attach:
- A detailed cover letter clearly demonstrating how your education and experience: (a) meet the required (and, as applicable, preferred) qualifications, and (b) demonstrate the ability to perform the responsibilities as described by the posting;
- Resume including work history, education, training; and
- Contact information for three professional references.
Screening Begins: November 12, 2018 and will continue until the position is filled
**Priority will be given to applications received by the screening date. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Name: Sunny Bloxham
Title: Director, Custodial, Grounds & Transportation
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (509) 963-1155
Website: Facilities Management Department
Please contact Human Resources at [email protected] or 509-963-1202 if you require technical assistance with the on-line application process.
Prior to employment, final candidate(s) will be required to submit to a background check. All information obtained through background investigations will be strictly confidential and revealed only to those required to have access.
This is a Bargaining Unit I position.
Apply On Company Site
Originally posted 2018-11-08 15:00:10. Latest Buzz On IbuzzUp Media