How do you make fee payments in Canada as an international student in Canada? An international student who is ready to make that trip to study in Canada must first obtain an offer of admission from a Designated Learning Institute (DLI) in Canada. And you cannot get that study visa if you have not paid for your tuition cost. Some universities in Canada can allow you to pay from within Canada but the majority of others require you to pay the fee from your home country.
If you are already in Canada or you are already studying in Canada, you may find a different payment option to those outside Canada. You will find your fee amount on the letter of admission given to you by the university after you have been accepted.
On the letter, the school will specify how much you must deposit as payment, some you may pay for one semester and then the remaining before the second semester when you are already in Canada. It is advisable to pay at least a semester fee even when it not stated by the school.
It would help improve your chances when you apply for a study visa. Either way, you should check to see if the school has a return policy and if it is 100% in case your visa application is refused for one reason or another. Find some of the reasons why your student visa may be rejected.
Payment Option from Outside Canada
WU® GlobalPay for Students
This is one of the fastest payment gateways for international students who are abroad. The payment platform is cost-effective, and it conveniently allows you to pay with your country’s currency.
Steps to Take when Paying
- You have to visit the website and ensure you fill out the details required appropriately.
- Choose your preferred payment option and then select which items you’d like to pay for. You can select to pay in Canadian dollars or in American dollars in case your countries currency is unavailable.
- Enter your payment details if you are the person paying or you can input the details of the person who is. You can pay via online banking or you can print your payment detail or invoice and then proceed to the bank to make payments
- The bank or the western union will post the funds to your student account or the University’s account depending on which one you have selected.
Payment Option From within Canada
- It is faster to make payments online in Canada. Visiting the bank can be a lot of stressful. But why do that when you can easily pay your fees online just like you pay your bills
- If you are already a student, then you should already have a bank account. Each bank has its own bank app, so log in to your bank account
- Select your university as the payee
- Use your student id number as the account number. Or the account number provided by the institution.
- Make your payment accordingly. It may take 3 to 5 days.