The US Visitor Visa (B2) as the name implies is a temporary visa issued to foreign nationals who wish to visit the United States of America for reasons such as, medical tourism, visiting family and friends, tourism, and attending events like seminar or conference.
Although citizens of some countries do not need a visa before entering the United States if their stay is less than 90 days.
To be eligible for the B2 Visa, you must satisfy the following conditions:
- That the purpose of your visit is compliant with B2 regulations
- That you have enough funds to cater for your stay during your visit
- That you will return to your home country after the expiration of your visa
Mandatory Required Documents
Before your application will be granted, you have to provide the following documents:
- Original passport with a six-month validity beyond expected arrival date in the USA.
- All old passports.
- One photograph per specification. Both digital and hard copy of the photograph are required.
- DS160 US Visa application confirmation page stamped at the Visa Application Center (VAC).
- Proof of fee payment, which is a valid receipt.
- Printout of US Interview appointment letter.
Having satisfied the requirements proceed to fill the DS-160 form on TravelAssist.
Note: TravelAssist is a third party company that has helped over 20,000 applicants enter the United States. In the event of denied entry into the United States, they offer Travel protection that will cover your financial expenses. They will provide you with a complete list of required documents for your B2 visa application and will ensure your application has a high prospect of success.
Pay The Required Visa Fees
The US tourist fee is pegged at $160. Visa issuance fees may be required.
Schedule Your Appointment
Due to high workload, it is advisable to schedule your interview as soon as possible. All applicants between the ages of 14 and 79 are expected to go through an interview at the US Embassy. You can schedule your interview through your country’s US Embassy.
Prepare Your B2 Visa Document
Before attending your interview, ensure all your documents are in intact and correlate with the information you provided during your application.
Attend The Interview
You will be asked relevant questions about your background and your reason for going to the US. If any misrepresentation is found in your application, it could mar your chances of success. Ensure the information you supplied during your application correlates with your documents.
Depending on the workload at the US Embassy where you applied, be patient if you do not hear from them soonest, you will be notified if your application is successful.
Latest Buzz On IbuzzUp Media