The University of Ottawa is pleased to announce the President’s funding for all international students. The program is open for the academic session 2021/2022. All the interested students can apply for this wonderful opportunity.
The University of Ottawa is offering international students who are commencing full-time Bachelors’ degree studies at the university, the President’s Scholarship for International Students and the Chancellor’s Scholarship for International Students. These 2 scholarships are the most prestigious scholarships at the University of Ottawa.
Brief Description of the University of Ottawa President and Chancellor’s Scholarships
Host Organization: University of Ottawa
Scholarship Location: Canada
Course Level: Bachelor’s degree in any subject
Number of Scholarships: 1 each
Eligible Countries: International students from all over the world
Worth of Awards: Check Below
Application Deadline: 30 Apr 2021 (Annual)
Worth of Awards/inclusions
The President’s Scholarship is valued at $30,000 ($7,500 per year), whilst the Chancellor’s Scholarship is valued at $26,000 ($6,500 per year).
The scholarship can be renewed for the 3 following years provided the student maintains full-time enrolment, international student status, and a minimum cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of 8.50. The University also provides a one-time award of $1,500 to applicants in second, third, and fourth place. Students can renew their scholarship at 50% of the annual value if they have a CGPA between 8.00 and 8.49 at the end of the academic year. They can also renew their scholarship for the full amount in a subsequent year if their CGPA increases to 8.50 or higher.
To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- Must have a minimum admission average of 92% (or equivalent).
- Must have demonstrated leadership skills and a dedication to academic and extracurricular activities.
- Must have a minimum cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of 8.50.
- Note: If the recipient at the end of their academic year has a CGPA between 8.0 and 8.4, then the program can be renovated to 50 percent of its annual value. In addition, if the CGPA of the recipient increases to 8.5 or above the bond can be extended for a whole subsequent year.
Method of Application
- In order to be considered for this opportunity, students first have to take admission at the university. After that, students have to apply online at the student portal.
- Supporting Documents: To be eligible for the program applicants must meet the documents required at the university.
- Admission Requirements: For taking admission, students are required to meet the entry requirements of their chosen program.
- Language Requirement: If English is not your first language, then you will need to show that your English language skills and provide evidence of English language ability: IELTS, TOEFL, or other acceptable proof. Please see the English Language Requirements section for more details.
Official Scholarship Website: