The Canadian Parents And Grandparents Program (PGP) 2019

The Canadian Parents And Grandparents Program (PGP) 2019

If you are a Canadian citizen who resides in Canada or a permanent resident who lives in the country, you are permitted to bring and sponsor your parents or grandparents if you have any into the country. You can do this using the super visa and the parent and grandparent program (PGP).

The Federal Government of Canada has recently made available slots for citizens who are above 18 years to bring either their parents or grandparents to Canada.

With an update by the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada, the country has now opened 20,000 spaces and slots for parents and grandparents to receive full citizenship when they settle in Canada.

Parents and grandparent who are eventually successful under this program will obtain a permanent residence status first after which the can apply for citizenship.

To qualify or be eligible to be a sponsor for the parent and grandparent program in Canada, you must obey and adhere strictly to the criteria mentioned below;

  •  You must be 18 years and above
  • You must either be a permanent resident in Canada or a citizen, or an Indian registered under the Canadian Indian act.
  • You must currently be residing in Canada at the time of application. That is at the period you show an Interest to sponsor, you will also be required to provide proof of your status during that period.
  • You must have or exceed the minimum income requirements for this program and it varies for single and married people, for spouses the income of both spouses is included.
  • You may also need to sign an undertaken to support financially and take care of the sponsored for 20 years from the moment they become permanent residents and payback the social insurance benefits used to assist your family members if any.
  • In the event where the sponsor resides in Quebec, you may have to sign some more papers. Another undertaking with Quebec.

For you to be eligible to sponsor in the Parents and Grandparents Program you must provide the needed information:

  • A Last Name or Surname and a First Name
  • Birth Certificate
  • Country of Origin or Province of birth
  • Main Address of residence in Canada
  • A valid email address
  • Total number of your family members
  • The total number of persons you wish to sponsor
  • Names of Parents and Grandparents to be sponsored and their date of birth;
  • An electronic signature;
  • A proof of your status in Canada document number.

You may also be required to provide proof of your status in Canada. The following documents may be required:

  • A Permanent Residence Card
  • A document showing your landing records (IMM 1000) i.e. if the sponsor didn’t receive a PR Card
  • An IMM 5292 or IMM 5688 to confirm your permanent resident status.
  • A Canadian Citizenship certificate.
  • A birth certificate from a Canadian Directeur de l’État civil
  • A Canadian Passport.

Originally posted 2019-05-27 14:01:08. Latest Buzz On IbuzzUp Media

Write a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *