The University of Alberta, founded in 1908, is a public research multiversity located in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. The university is surveyed as a “Comprehensive academic and research university” (CARU), which indicates that it offers various academic and professional programs, driving to undergraduate and graduate-level credentials, and has a strong analysis locus.
The University of Alberta in Edmonton is one of Canada’s top teaching and research universities, with an international reputation for excellence across the humanities, sciences, creative arts, business, engineering, and health sciences.
Why choose to study at the University of Alberta? The university aims to build a diverse, comprehensive community of outstanding students, faculty, and staff globally through various experiences and rewarding educational opportunities that inspire, nurture talents, expand knowledge and skills, and enable success.
The institute offers over 400 diverse courses for international students who want to study in Canada across its 5 campuses and 18 faculties, taking education to a whole new level and bringing unbridled wisdom and knowledge to the students. Renowned for its exceptional programs like Engineering, MBA, Business, Pharmacy, and Education, the institute is honored as the major 5 national institutes and is also one of the top engineering universities in Canada.
The doors of the university are open for admissions in early September for the seasonal intakes of Fall, Winter, Spring, and Summer. All University of Alberta courses follow a semester-based academic calendar, where students learn and grow under the loving guidance of more than 6,000 academic and administrative staff.
University of Alberta admissions are accompanied by an easy-looking acceptance rate of 51% which appears all fun-and-games until actually tried. The enrollment at the institute heavily depends upon splendid grades, test scores,and completion of required subjects. With an employment rate of around 98%, the organization is one of the major economic drivers of Alberta and guarantees placements to its graduates within 6 months of completing their degrees.
University of Alberta Courses
- The university offers an array of choices to its applicants around the globe. The University of Alberta courses offered includes 200+ undergraduate and over 500 graduate courses along with various research-based and online programs. The available options are spread around various faculties and schools of the university, some of which are:
- Faculty of Agricultural Life & Environmental Sciences
- UAlberta School of Business
- Graduate Studies & Research
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Medicine & Dentistry, etc.
- Furthermore, UAlberta offers around 300+ extension courses, 40+ credentialed programs, and many other career advancement courses tailored especially for working professionals.
- With the help of Peter Lougheed Leadership College, UAlberta offers a variety of certificate programs that can be opted by students to strengthen their academic background.
- In association with Coursera, UAlberta offers comprehensive Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) not only to its students but also to the general public.
- International students hailing from non-English speaking countries can hone their communication skills by enrolling in The English Language School and pursue short courses along with their degree program.
- Also, international students meeting the academic requirements and not the English requirements can opt for the bridging program to enhance their English skills.
- UAlberta has got Visiting Student & Internship Programs which allows students from abroad to visit the university for seeking short-term cohort programs, research internship programs, or to study for a term or year.
- Students can take advantage of the exchange programs offered by UAlberta to complete a few credits of UG or graduate programs at the university and transfer to their degree they will be pursuing at the home institution.
- Students with time constraints can look for university-level programs on a part-time basis as per their convenience through ‘Open Studies’ at UAlberta, which primarily requires completion of a minimum of 6 credits only per academic term.
- UAlberta has come forward to lend a supporting hand to adults with developmental disabilities by offering adult continuing-education programs leading to their overall development in a formal and informal environment.
University of Alberta Admissions
The application process for admission at the University of Alberta explained in a few easy steps:
- Complete an online application at the official website.
- Provide the mandatory documents along with application and residence fees.
- Provide scores of exams required to study in Canada
- Track application status using UAlberta email, ID, and Number received within 48 hours of submitting the application.
- Accept the offer of a place, if received, and apply for a study permit.
Latest Buzz On IbuzzUp Media