St. Charles Health System, USA Is Looking For Patient Service Representative
The Patient Service Representative acts as liaison between patients and the professional staff by facilitating clerical and reception responsibilities and assisting in administrative tasks.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES:
- Responsible for accurately recording patient demographics, insurance and billing information at the time of registration.
- Courteously and confidently requests appropriate types of payments (e.g. co-pays, deductible payments, etc.) from patients/guardians, processes payments, completes daily deposits and batch reports.
- Responsible for processing telephone calls accurately in accordance with established protocols.
- Assists with processing of authorizations and / or referrals as necessary with medical staff as required by insurance companies.
- Works as needed to provide health and wellness services to our clients. Actively participates in achieving organizational and department goals.
- Ability to work as part of a Care Team with providers and clinical staff.
- Required: High school diploma or GED.
- Required: Valid Oregon driver’s license and ability to meet St. Charles Health System driving requirements. Ability to travel to business functions/training/meetings and all St. Charles Health System work sites.
- Preferred: One year of clerical support in a healthcare setting or related experience. Basic medical terminology.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT:
- Must be able to wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) required to perform the job safely.
- Performs basic math (add, subtract, multiply and divide) calculations.
- Performs intermediate to advanced math (analysis, statistics, significant data or number manipulation).
- Read, write, speak and understand English.
- Basic to intermediate ability and experience in computer applications, specifically electronic medical records system and MS Office.
Originally posted 2018-11-22 07:00:05. Latest Buzz On IbuzzUp Media