The Skilled worker in Manitoba Stream is one of the three streams (Skilled Worker Oversea Stream and Business Investor Stream) under the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program. This stream provides an opportunity for immigrants, international students, and temporary residents to apply for a permanent resident card in Canada.
Applicants are required to have a minimum of two years working experience within the last five years, and should have a permanent job offer when they apply.
International students who are studying in Manitoba or have just graduated are also eligible to apply through this stream provide they secure a permanent job offer in Manitoba.
Candidates in this stream are ranked against one another based on their Age, Work Experience, Language Proficiency, Educational achievements and records, and a valid job offer.
The candidates with the highest scores are nominated to apply for the Canadian permanent residence in which case the province only selects the best candidates, those who have what it takes to fit in perfectly into the provinces’ labour force.
- Must have a valid full-time job offer or currently be working in Manitoba.
- Be a Temporary resident worker or an international graduate who completed a full-time program from a school in Manitoba.
- If you are currently working, then you must have currently worked for your current employer for at least six months. Any periods of self-employment, unauthorized work or periods of employment during which candidates were engaged in full-time study (e.g. work experience gained on a co-op permit) will not be included when calculating the period of qualifying work experience in Manitoba.
- You must possess a valid work permit in Manitoba.
- Proficiency in English is important.
- Demonstrate they have sufficient settlement funds, generally $10,000 CAD for the principal applicant, plus $2,000 CAD for each dependent included in the application.
Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP) controls all the three streams and the applications that come with them. A candidate who has an interest in settling permanently in Manitoba must submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) to MPNP.
Candidates are ranked against one another, and the candidates with the most scores will be issued a Letter of Advice to Apply for the Canadian permanent residence.
Latest Buzz On IbuzzUp Media