Room Attendant needed in Canada for $15.25 an hour payment –
As members of a high-performing hospitality team, Room Attendants at Banff Centre help to ensure a clean, restful, and safe environment for the artists, faculty, program participants, conference attendees, and other visitors who stay in guest accommodations during their time at Banff Centre.
Room Attendants are responsible for the efficient and effective cleaning of all rooms located in Banff Centre’s hotels (Lloyd Hall and PDC) as well as general public areas.
Specific responsibilities will include: stripping linens and making up the beds; dusting; vacuuming; washing the bathroom sink, tub, and walls; washing windows, baseboards and floors; replenishing supplies; and any other cleaning tasks assigned by the supervisor on duty.
Qualification and Educational Requirements
- The ideal candidate will have some experience in housekeeping or a related field.
- A high standard of customer service with a friendly and courteous attitude to all guests, artists, and staff.
- Able to meet the physical requirements of this position.
- For health and safety reasons, must be able to understand and take direction in English.
- Candidates offered a position with the Centre, in this capacity, will be required to obtain a criminal record check verifying a clear record before a final job offer can be finalized.
- Due to the nature of the job, this position requires the candidate to be available to work a flexible, irregular schedule and weekends.
- Physical stamina and the ability to move up to 50 lbs and to stand, kneel, stretch, and bend on a repeating basis is required.
Employment Terms & Benefits
This position pays $15.25 per hour working up to 40 hours per week. The weekly hours will vary based on departmental workload.
In accordance with CUPE 4318, this is a unionized, hourly support staff position, subject to a 500 hour probationary period.
We are accepting applications for the Room Attendant until a suitable candidate is found.
Submit your application online via Banff Centre for Arts and Creativity careers website as per below:
- For new applicants, click ‘Apply’ and complete the application for employment.
- For previous applicants, log into your profile using your email address and password
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in working at Banff Centre for Arts and Creativity.
Banff Centre for Arts and Creativity, through its third party vendor, collects and stores information applicable to the candidate profile you create when you submit the information asked for above. The use and disclosure of the collected information is for the sole purpose of job search and placement activities for Banff Centre. The information is subject to the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. The information will be retained and when disposed of, it is done so in a secure manner.
Apply On Company Site