A reputed store is currently hiring a retail store supervisor to enlarge its business and to facilitate sales. Qualified and skilled candidates are requested to apply with the necessary documents as soon as possible. Anyone who has a work permit and can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you do not have a work permit and is not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application. Here is how you can get a legal work permit to Canada fast.
The primary function of a store supervisor is to oversee a team of staff members within a retail store. They are also responsible for ensuring that financial objectives are met and that all aspects of the store are running smoothly at all times.
Store supervisors can work for any type of retail store, whether they sell clothing, home goods, cookware, electronics, tools, or another type of merchandise. They work exclusively in a retail environment and may also have an office space where they can perform duties such as filing paperwork and working on a computer.
In order to keep their staff on track and stay up to date on all of their store’s goings-on, the job has its own requirement and the store supervisors have to perform a variety of tasks.
Job Organization: Brampton Hardwood Floors Limited
Employment Type: Full time
Job Location: North York, Ontario Canada
Salary/Remuneration: $18.30HOUR hourly for 40 hours per week
Languages: English Language
Experience: 1 to less than 7 months
- Sell merchandise
- Prepare reports on sales volumes, merchandising and personnel matters
- Authorize payments by cheque
- Authorize return of merchandise
- Assign sales workers to duties
- Resolve problems that arise, such as customer complaints and supply shortages
- Supervise and co-ordinate activities of workers
- Organize and maintain inventory
- Deep knowledge of executing supervisory qualities, executing training sessions and implementing building plans and strategies to meet sales objectives appropriately.
- Proficient in Microsoft office products, enterprise resource planning programs, POS equipment, and related computer applications.
- Familiarity with accounting concepts and arithmetic abilities to perform accurate calculations.
- Order merchandise
- Establish work schedules
- Hire and train or arrange for training of staff
Tools of the Trade
In order to accomplish their daily goals, store supervisors use a variety of tools. Store supervisors should be comfortable with the following
- Financial software – in addition to using traditional financial tools such as spreadsheets, store supervisors are typically required to operate financial software to keep track of expenses and sales.
- Telecommunications equipment – from phones to portable radios to faxes, store supervisors should know how to use standard telecommunications equipment to communicate with employees and customers
- Recent versions of Microsoft Office software suite – some of the programs included in Microsoft Office, such as Excel, are valuable tools for store supervisors
- Retail salespersons and sales clerks
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Handling heavy loads
- Attention to detail
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Standing for extended periods
- Tight deadlines
Able to Supervise
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Excellent oral communication
- Client focus
This job advert will be valid until 3rd of March 2021
This job opportunity promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, immigrants to Canada, Veterans, Visible minorities, Youth.
Method of Application
The application process is via email. Send an email including your cover letter and details to the email below