Restaurant Supervisors oversee all restaurant operations to ensure that restaurants run smoothly. They train and supervise restaurant staff, ensure compliance with food health and safety regulations, and resolve customer complaints.
We are looking to hire a customer-oriented Restaurant Supervisor to ensure that all restaurant operations run smoothly. The Restaurant Supervisor's responsibilities include overseeing the activities of restaurant staff, expediting customers' orders as needed, and maintaining good working relationships with suppliers. You should also be able to identify ways to decrease the restaurant's operational costs. Anyone who has a work permit and can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you do not have a work permit and is not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
To be successful as a Restaurant Supervisor, you should exercise effective management skills and take necessary disciplinary actions to address poor staff performance. Ultimately, a top-performing Restaurant Supervisor should be able to achieve exceptional customer service and ensure that customers have a pleasant restaurant experience.
Guelph, Ontario, Canada
Full time (Day, evening, night, weekend, on-call, morning)
$16.00 hourly for 35 hours per week
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
7 months to less than 1 year
- Supervise and co-ordinate activities of staff who prepare and portion food
- Supervise and check assembly of trays
- Supervise and check delivery of food trolleys
- Prepare food order summaries for chef
- Prepare and submit reports
- Maintain records of stock, repairs, sales, and wastage
- Establish work schedules
- Estimate and order ingredients and supplies
- Ensure food service and quality control
- Must have knowledge of the establishment's culinary genres
- Conducting regular inspections of the restaurant kitchen to determine whether proper standards of hygiene and sanitation are maintained.
- Address customers' complaints or concerns
- Train staff in job duties, sanitation, and safety procedures
- Prepare budget and cost estimates
- Establish methods to meet work schedules
- Hire food service staff
- Screening, interviewing, hiring, and training restaurant staff.
Restaurant Supervisor Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or Hospitality is advantageous.
- Proven experience working as a supervisor in the hospitality industry.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- The ability to stand for extended periods.
- Strong management skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Kitchen and food service helpers
- Food and beverage servers
- Cook (general)
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
Ability to Supervise
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Excellent oral communication
- Client focus
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Apprentices, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, Newcomers to Canada, Seniors, Students, Veterans, Visible minorities, Youth
This job offer will be valid until the 13th March 2021
Method of Application
The application process is via email. Send an email including your cover letter and details to the email below
Latest Buzz On IbuzzUp Media