Portugal a beautiful country located in the western region of Europe. It shares a west border with the Atlantic Ocean, and the north and the east with Spain and the south it is bordered by the Mediterranean Sea.
Migrating to Portugal can be an interesting experience for immigrants, regardless of the economic situation of the country. Portugal is a home of two of the loveliest and surely popular urban cities of the Iberian Peninsula.
Some facts about Portugal
Home of the two most beautiful and famous cities for immigrants to move to which is Lisbon and Porto.
The city has a brilliant and organized transportation system, so you shouldn’t experience issues getting the opportunity to work.
Getting a house is a bit difficult and have as of late been on the ascent, and renting a house in Lisbon can be costly.
If by any chance you come from one of the countries located in the Schengen Zone (The Schengen Area is a region that comprises 26 European countries that have formally annulled all international ID and every single other kind of fringe control at their shared borders.) nations, then you might not require any visa to enter the country for a period of three months.
Some essential documents that are required.
- Proof of Health Insurance
- Police Clearance Certificate original copy
- Receipt of paid charges
- Bank Statement
- Bank Reference Letter (it shouldn’t be older than 6 months) original copy
- original copy and photocopy of identification
- original copy or Certified duplicate of Birth Certificate (if pertinent)
- original copy or Certified duplicate of Marriage Certificate (if pertinent).
- Evidence of earnings and income.
Tips To Note Before You Apply
Before applying, you should ensure that you have a purpose for applying and probably sick advice from an immigration expert on the best visa category for you, there is Portuguese Embassy in your country that can provide you with some information such as how long it will take to process your application and so forth.
You should carefully read instructions below before you submit or make any entry to the application centers in both Lagos and Abuja for Nigerians. You can also find the Application center for Portugal in your country to submit your application.
- Candidates are to give the new bio-metric travel papers or passport.
- The Embassy of Portugal would require at least three (3) successive blank pages in your passport so as to issue a visa STICKER on your passport.
- All candidates (Schengen non-migrants visa) basically need to stroll into one of the VFS offices in Abuja or Lagos or any application center in your country and present their application together with the requested documents.
When you have completed the necessary steps for your application and have submitted your application at any Visa Center in your country, you can also check the status of your application online by basically giving the special VAC Reference Number and your Date of Birth.
VAC reference number can be found on the Invoice-Cum-Receipt is given by the Submission Officer at the Visa Application office during the period of submission.