Mackenzie Health Looking For Food Service Attendants In Canada
The Food Service Attendant will provide support to the department of Food and Nutrition Services by completing the food service and sanitation tasks as assigned.
- Assist with the preparation of food for residents and special events complying to par level sheets and in accordance with both Nutrition Services and Health Department standards maintain kitchen and storage facilities to meet/exceed sanitary conditions.
- Maintain internal quality assurance and food safety audit process (including HACCP requirements)
- Assist with meal service, snack, nourishment preparation and ensures accuracy to achieve resident satisfaction standards
- Communicate with and seek if necessary, assistance/guidance from supervisor to resolve any issues
- Current and valid Food Safety Proton Certificate from Public Health
- Enrolled in or completion of Food Service Worker program from an accredited institution
- Previous experience in hospital setting preferred
- Must be physically capable of pushing loaded food carts, prolonged standing, walking long distances, working in refrigerators and freezers and lifting heavy boxes
- Strong command of the English Language
- Ability to discern relevant information to make effective judgments and decisions in a fast paced environment
- Ability to read and follow standardized recipes and production sheets
- Ability to understand therapeutic diets
- Ability to follow WHMIS, HACCP, FIFO procedures and guidelines
- Proven attendance record.
- Demonstrates understanding and complies with patient and staff safety policies and procedures that foster a safe and inclusive environment for all.
- Ability to perform the essential duties of the job.
- Effectively uses empathy in interactions with others.
- Demonstrates behaviors consistent with Mackenzie Health’s Commitment to Caring.
- Models behavior that is aligned with the values of Mackenzie Health – Excellence, Leadership and Empathy.
- Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for staff and clients within a challenging and exciting health care environment.
This position is being represented by OPSEU
Mackenzie Health is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer committed to providing accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Originally posted 2018-11-14 23:00:14. Latest Buzz On IbuzzUp Media