Journeyman Plumber Vacancies In USA
Responsible for the safe installation and maintenance of all plumbing and piping systems on campus and associated facilities. These systems include, but are not limited to: culinary water, sanitary sewer, sewer ejectors, steam distribution and condensate return systems, heating and cooling distribution and piping systems, control valves, storm drainage, fire sprinkler systems, Victaulic piping systems, and other related equipment.
General Duties & Responsibilities
- Repairs piping and related equipment in the event of failure.
- Installs plumbing systems, in whole or in part.
- Participates with system design, plan review, code compliance, and contractor supervision.
- Installs, repairs, monitors, and maintains soft water systems in buildings.
- Serves as assistant certified pool operator, involved with all aspects of swimming pool operation. Pool operator certification provided.
- Trains and supervises student employees.
- Graduation from standard high school or equivalent GED.
- Working knowledge of commercial/light industrial heating, cooling, mechanical, steam distribution, and plumbing systems required.
- Must be able to work with power and hand tools.
- Must possess working knowledge of applicable local and national codes.
- Must have basic computer skills for interface with campus systems.
- Must have the ability to communicate clearly, both written and verbal, with Facilities Management staff regarding critical information, shift occurrences, work orders problems, upcoming needs, and tasks beyond the individual’s scope and capability.
- Master Plumber license preferred.
- Backflow certification preferred.
- Working knowledge of pumps and motors preferred.
- Commercial and light industrial plumbing, pipe fitting, and steamfitting experience preferred.
- Three years of journeyman level plumbing experience.
- Work indoors or out, in all seasons, often in industrial settings typical to a higher education setting.
- Must be able to work overhead and in confined conditions and work from ladders, scaffolding, and elevated platforms, as required.
- Travel in a university vehicle as required, sometimes overnight.
- Must be able to adjust work schedule to meet the needs of the university.
Originally posted 2018-11-11 23:00:12. Latest Buzz On IbuzzUp Media