ICBC Looking For Driver Examiners In BC Canada
A career at ICBC is an opportunity to be part of a talented, diverse and inclusive team that is driven to serve its customers and community.
Make the most of your skills and take the opportunity to grow and develop your career.
You can expect a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits and a challenging work environment. Drive your career with us.
ICBC is committed to being an inclusive employer, one that reflects the diversity of the people and communities of British Columbia.
- Are you an experienced customer service professional? Do you have exceptional knowledge of the rules of the road? If this sounds like you, consider an exciting and rewarding career as a Driver Examiner with ICBC.
- Your key focus will be to conduct class 1, 2, 3 & 6 road tests and determine the knowledge and ability of drivers to safely operate commercial motor vehicles and motorcycles. You will also support in driver examinations for class 4, 5 & 7 depending on business needs.
- In between road tests you will be part of the Driver License Centre Client Services team providing customers with information on Driver Licensing processes and procedures and collecting fees and fines.
- As a Driver Examiner, you play a critical role in supporting Road Safety within British Columbia. You examine, re-examine, license and evaluate new and experienced drivers in accordance with the provisions of the Motor Vehicle Act and Regulations. The decisions you make in your role directly impact all members of our Province.
- Driver examiners must have excellent time management and organizational skills and exercise superior judgment skills. We require individuals who can work independently, meet deadlines, and strive to achieve customer satisfaction in all aspects of their work.
What you bring:
- Exceptional customer service experience
- Proven ability to make decisions independently in challenging customer situations
- Ability to work in variable working conditions (weather, customer vehicles etc.) Strong data entry skills and cash handling experience is an asset
Additional requirements include:
- Successful completion of a health assessment based on the job requirements
- Clean criminal record check by the Ministry of Public Safety and Solicitor General as required under the Criminal Records Review Act
- Possess a valid class 5 BC driver’s license or better and have a clean driving record
- The ability to qualify for a Class 1 and Class 6 Learner License
- Meet eligibility requirement to successfully complete the AAMVA Driver Examiner Certificate Program.
Hours of operation are subject to change. Must be available to work Saturdays as needed.