Canada’s Federal Skilled program has made it possible for an immigrant with different skill trade to come to Canada and become permanent residents too. So many of the skilled trade jobs in Canada are often amongst the top best-paying jobs in Canada but are easily neglected by immigrants for some reason.
It is faster to immigrate to Canada if you have a skill in some trade such as painting, welding, construction, and plumbing, etc. These Occupations are often in-demand because not many people in Canada are willing to do these jobs in Canada, and not many have the skill for it. So, if you are a painter, you are in luck.
Pathways To Migrate To Canada as a Painter
The code for Painters and Decorators on the NOC is 7294, and painters and decorators are eligible to migrate to Canada through several Canadian Immigration pathways and programs such as the Federal Skilled Trades Visa or the Provincial Nominee Program.
Each province has a separate and distinct program created to bring candidates with the right skill for the trade job available directly to the province. On the other hand, the Canadian Federal Skilled program is controlled directly by the Canadian Federal Government, it presents opportunities for immigrants who are qualified in a skilled trade to move to Canada and eventually become permanent occupants.
So, to immigrate to Canada as a painter and decorator, you will need to create an express entry profile where you will be ranked against other candidates based on age, qualifications or work experience, language proficiency, etc. find out more about how to create an express entry profile.
Once your profile is selected you will be asked to apply through a provincial nominee program after you receive an Invitation to apply or you can apply through the Canadian Federal Skilled Trade Program.
Requirements To Qualify As A Skilled Painter and Decorator
- Working experience is very crucial, you must have at least three years of working experience.
- English language or French language proficiency is also crucial. This can be done by taking a test through the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) or Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program (CELPIP) for English, or the Test d’Evaluation de Francais (TEF) for French.
- Have some sort of painter certification or license or a job offer in Canada.
- Work outside of Quebec.
Duties Of A Painter and decorator
- Applying paint or other materials such as stains, lacquer or varnish using brushes, rollers or spray equipment
- Preparing and cleaning surfaces
- Removing old wallpaper and paint
- Repairing cracks and holes in walls
- Mixing and thinning paint
- Measuring, cutting and applying wallpaper or fabric to walls
- Building and installing scaffolding
- Advising customers on color selection and choice of wall coverings
- Providing cost estimates
- Reading specifications to determine required materials
- Occupations Under The Painting And Decoration Trade Job
- apprentice industrial painter and decorator
- apprentice painter and decorator
- bridge painter
- building painter
- commercial building painter
- commercial construction painter
- construction painter
- house painter
- industrial construction painter
- industrial maintenance painter
- journeyman/woman painter and decorator
- maintenance painter
- painter and decorator
- painter and decorator apprentice
- painter and paperhanger
- plant maintenance painter
- residential construction painter
- residential painter
- roof painter
- rough painter – construction
- specialized painter and decorator
Originally posted 2020-08-07 18:00:06. Latest Buzz On IbuzzUp Media