At University Health Network, which consists of Toronto General, Toronto Western, Princess Margaret and Toronto Rehab hospitals, nothing is more important to us than our team of dedicated employees. UHN focuses on creating and maintaining a workplace of choice, where our people are recognized and valued. We focus on creating a workplace where people enjoy the challenge of their career, create and engage in best practices and are treated with respect.
The University Health Network has become out of a progression of mergers between our present doctor’s facilities, as we have balanced and change to oblige our developing and changing patient network in and around the GTA.
Giving consideration to the network to over 200 years, UHN is a noteworthy historic point in Canada’s social insurance framework and a showing healing facility of the University of Toronto. Expanding on the qualities and notoriety of every one of our four healing centres, we unite the ability and assets expected to accomplish worldwide effect and give praiseworthy patient care, research and training.
Toronto General Hospital focused on making UHN a favoured work environment and learn. To enable us to meet these goals, we offer excellent advantages and projects to help our representatives’ proceeded with endeavours to dependably make progress toward the best.
Characterized Benefit – Pension Plan
Gathering Life Insurance
The responsibilities and duties of a registered nurse include the following tasks, according to the Canada Nurses Association.
- Performing physical exams and taking health histories.
- Providing health promotion, counselling and education.
- Administering medications wound care and other personalized interventions
- Interpreting patient information and making critical decisions about needed actions.
- Coordinating care in collaboration with other healthcare professionals.
- Directing and supervising care delivered by other healthcare personnel like licensed practical nurses and nurse aides.
- Conducting research in support of improved practice and patient outcomes.
Registered nurses work in all health care settings, including hospitals, nursing homes, medical offices, ambulatory care centres, community health centres, schools and retail clinics, as well as locations such as prisons, homeless shelters, camps, tourist destinations and at sporting events. Certain responsibilities and duties of a registered nurse in health care settings can vary.
UHN is a preferred place to work and learn. It focuses on creating a workplace where people enjoy the challenge of their career, create and engage in best practices and are treated with respect.