We are looking for a full time permanent field service Generator Technician to join our team located and operating primarily in the areas of Peterborough and City of Kawartha Lakes, Northumberland, Haliburton and Durham Region, with expansions in the surrounding areas. You must have completed relevant post-secondary training for the position with preferably 1-2 years of practical experience and a proven comprehensive understanding of AC producing alternators.
The successful candidate will be assisting with and increasingly responsible for:
- Troubleshooting, repair, and preventative maintenance on diesel, propane and natural gas generators and related power generation equipment
- Routine servicing and maintenance of all types of diesel engines incl. heavy equipment.
- Troubleshoot equipment failures average troubleshooting and problem solving skills with engines, generators and/or control systems
- Perform load bank testing
- Designing, quoting and installing new or replacement fuel systems and other similar projects
- Quick response to and resolution of customer needs
- Expanding our customer base
- Organization and maintenance of assigned tools and other equipment
- Participating actively in a timely manner in all related tasks such as completing service reports, ordering and maintaining a parts inventory, reporting on additional repairs required, customer service and follow-up, etc.
- Ensuring that workplace health and safety standards are met at all times.
It is critical that you have a solid, proven technical and customer service skill set along with pride in good workmanship; that you can trouble shoot and work safety both independently and as an team member in an often fast paced environment where assigned tasks may change on short notice; that you can work outside in all four seasons; and, that you have the willingness and ability to grow with us as a valued team member. You must be already legally able to work in Canada; fluent in English; and have a valid drivers’ license with a clean abstract. Experience with electronic record keeping in a web/cloud/mobile based environment is a valuable asset.
Compensation: We offer a competitive wage based on experience and training, along with on-going training and a benefit package after a three month probationary period.
Shifts: Mostly regular days, 7:00am to 5:00pm (Monday to Friday). Some shift, overtime and on-call duties are expected.