Food Production Assistants Vacancies In Australia
Why Harris Farm Markets
We are a well respected, family owned fresh food retailer who believe in something greater than just selling fresh food. We’ve believed in nature itself. The land, the sea, the air, the elements. It’s a remarkable thing. It brings families together, supports communities, and gives farmers a means. It offers nutrients to our bodies, and joy to our taste buds.
At Harris Farm Markets, we don’t just respect it, we’re driven by it. Our prices, our produce, our specials– all determined by nature. It enriches everyone and everything.
Which is exactly why we’re doing our best to make it all it can be. From sustainable initiatives like Imperfect Picks, to showing love for local farmers and producers, we believe that all our actions can make a real, positive difference.
And we believe that moving with nature isn’t just better for the environment. It’s better for our customers too. ‘Cos sometimes nature sees fit to provide us with a bounty of blueberries. And we think that’s pretty special – so we put them on special!
Better tasting produce from sustainable suppliers. Bigger value from unexpectedly bigger harvests. More variety from truly seasonal conditions. The highest quality which can only come from years of experience and a close relationship with farmers and their land.
Join a busy production team, who are responsible for preparing and packing a wide range of gourmet foods which are sold throughout our network of retail stores.
This role will run through the night starting at 8 p.m and finishing at 4 a.m.
You will be responsible for:
- Carrying out production in line with GMP.
- Maintaining a high level of cleanliness in the work area.
- Ensuring that the production room carries adequate food par stocks, for efficient operation of the production room.
- Helping to minimize food wastage through GMP processes, such as FIFO, labeling stock and following recipes etc.
- Ensuring all stock is rotated, correctly dated and managed for food safety compliance.
- Adhering to the BoM production model to ensure accuracy of food production while ensure a consistently high standard of ingredients and product.
- Carry out tasks in an efficient, coordinated fashion to maximize productivity.
Your experience / skills
- Experience in food production/ preparation
- Work as a member of a small team in fast paced production line
- Safe food handling a must and able to work to tight deadlines
- Understanding of good food hygiene practices, ideally has Food Safety Handlers Certificate
- The applicant will be a team player, hard working, with good communication skills
- Knowledge in HACCP principles
Originally posted 2018-12-22 23:00:16. Latest Buzz On IbuzzUp Media