If you have some years of experience driving buses and students, then this job is for you. Anyone is eligible to apply for this vacancy including immigrants residing outside Canada. To apply for this job, you must ensure you have the right qualification such as a driver’s license (Class 2, B, or C) issued in Canada, must show evidence that you are a certified bus operator, you must complete a defensive driving course in Canada as well, and many others.
When you are a bus driver driving school children so many things are taken into serious considerations, for instance, a person who has even a minute criminal record will not qualify for this type of job, and then you must also undergo a thorough child abuse registry check which should confirm that you have zero cases of child abuse.
For this job you earn a good sum of money, for every hour you earn at least $18 and you are required to work between 20 to 25 hours every week so you can earn every week $360 to $500 which is quite a reasonable amount.
The best way to immigrate to Canada is by obtaining a job first in that way, you are able to get your employer to sponsor you to Canada or at least give you a letter of employment to help fast track your visa process. Having a job offer or letter of employment gives you an additional advantage over other applicants looking to immigrate to Canada.
Languages: English or French
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Salary: $18.00 to $20.00HOUR hourly for 25 hours per week
Terms of employment: Term or contract, Part time
Start date: Starts as soon as possible
Education: Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
Defensive Driving Course; Driver's Licence (Class 2 or B or C); Certified Professional Bus Operator; Class 1/1F/A Licence (semi trailer trucks)
Experience: Experience an asset
- Report delays, mechanical problems and accidents;
- Load and unload vehicle;
- Direct passengers during emergency evacuation procedures;
- Deal with difficult passengers and resolve conflicts;
- Deal with public; Complete logbooks and reports;
- Perform pre-trip, en route and post-trip inspection and oversee all aspects of vehicle;
- Communicate with passengers, dispatchers or other drivers using two-way radio systems;
- Operate buses, school busses or streetcars to transport passengers;
- Ensure children's safety when boarding and leaving buses and crossing street while bus is stopped;
- Maintain control of student activities during travel to prevent distractions or behaviors that could compromise safety
Type of Experience: School bus driver; Intercity bus driver; Buses
Security and Safety: Child abuse registry check; Criminal record check
Transportation/Travel Information: Driver's abstract; Valid driver's licence
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
Fast-paced environment; Work under pressure; Handling heavy loads; Attention to detail; Hand-eye co-ordination; Ability to distinguish between colours; Sound discrimination; Sitting
Effective interpersonal skills; Flexibility; Team player; Excellent oral communication; Client focus; Judgement; Reliability; Organized
How to apply
Latest Buzz On IbuzzUp Media