Besides their primary responsibility of preparing food for a restaurant, restaurant cooks often prep ingredients, ensure the cleanliness of their working area, and keep the restaurant stocked with necessary cooking supplies. They may also help make decisions on menus and day-to-day offerings.
Our Restaurant is looking to hire a new Cook who will be responsible for preparing awesome dishes for our guests. Duties will include prepping meals by weighing, measuring, and mixing ingredients, cooking meals, checking ingredients for freshness, and arranging and garnishing the dishes. You will also be in charge of ensuring that the kitchen and equipment are properly cleaned and maintained.
To be successful in this job, you will need thorough experience with hot and cold food preparation. Culinary school education is preferred, and prior experience in a related position is an advantage.
An excellent cook must be able to follow instructions in cooking and delivering well-prepared meals. They must be deft in moving around the kitchen and apt in multi-tasking. Experience in using various ingredients and cooking techniques is also important. The goal is to help preserve and enhance our reputation so we can expand our clientele.
HWANGGANE & OSAKA SUSHI
7040 YONGE STREET Thornhill, Ontario L4J 1V7, Canada
- Full time
- Day, Evening, Weekend
$16.00 hourly for 40 hours per week
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
1 year to less than 2 years
- Set up workstations with all needed ingredients and cooking equipment
- Prepare ingredients to use in cooking (chopping and peeling vegetables, cutting meat, etc.)
- Cook food in various utensils or grillers
- Check food while cooking to stir or turn
- Ensure great presentation by dressing dishes before they are served
- Keep a sanitized and orderly environment in the kitchen
- Ensure all food and other items are stored properly
- Check the quality of ingredients
- Monitor stock and place orders when there are shortages
- Inspect kitchens and food service areas
- Clean kitchen and work areas
- Prepare and cook complete meals or individual dishes and foods
- Plan menus, determine the size of food portions, estimate food requirements and costs, and monitor and order supplies
- Proven experience as a cook
- Experience in using cutting tools, cookware, and bakeware
- Knowledge of various cooking procedures and methods (grilling, baking, boiling, etc.)
- Ability to follow all sanitation procedures
Fast-food outlet or concession
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail
- Standing for extended periods
- Team player
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Veterans, Visible minorities
This job advert will be valid until the 19th of March 2021
Intended job posting audience
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Method of Application
The method of application is via email or through mailing. Both details are below.
7040 YONGE STREET