Bar Attendants Opening In USA
The Bar Back/Beverage Attendant will complete opening and closing duties, including setting up necessary supplies and tools, cleaning all equipment and areas, locking doors, etc. Set up, stock and maintain work areas. Stock ice, glassware and paper supplies. Remove soiled wares from bar top and tables. Maintain cleanliness and condition of work areas, bar, bar unit, tables and other tools following all set-up guidelines. The general responsibilities of the position include those listed below, but Sodexo may identify other responsibilities of the position. These responsibilities may differ among accounts, depending on business necessities and client requirements.
- Set up and maintain cleanliness and condition of bar, bar unit, tables and other tools.
- Checks and assists bartender in maintaining adequate amounts of supplies, i.e., stir sticks, napkins, glass ware, etc. May replace and perform routine maintenance requirements on heavy beer kegs.
- Prepares fresh garnishes for drinks. Stocks ice, glassware and paper supplies.
- Restocks bar/designated station with supplies and transports supplies to bar set-up area.
- Washes soiled glassware. Removes soiled wares from bar top and tables and places in designated area.
- Anticipates and communicates replenishment needs.
- Secures liquors, beers, wines, coolers, cabinets and storage areas.
- Maintains cleanliness of bar area, beer lockers and refrigeration and storage areas to comply with health code standards.
- High School diploma, GED, or equivalent experience.
- 0 to 1 year related experience.
- Presents self in a highly professional manner to others and understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments with professionalism and respect.
- Maintains a professional relationship with all coworkers, vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers, and client representatives.
- Ability to use a computer.
- Listen carefully to their customers’ orders, explain drink and food items, and make menu recommendations.
- Converse with customers on a variety of subjects, to create a friendly and welcoming environment at the bar.
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
- Maturity of judgment and behavior.
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
- Maintains a positive attitude.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule helpful.
- Must comply with any dress code requirements.
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus, with or without corrective lenses.
- Significant walking or other means of mobility.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds.
Working Conditions (may add additional conditions specific to defined work location):
- Generally in an indoor setting; however, may supervise outside activities and events.
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends and extended hours as business dictates.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is primarily in a controlled, temperate environment; however, may be exposed to heat/cold during support of outside activities.