All immigration plans, programs, and pathways have been affected in one way or the other, and Alberta immigration is not exempted. Canada has taken necessary measures to ensure the outbreak is contained as much as possible. Hence, everyone has been advised and compelled to remain indoors and international travels have also been suspended during this period. However, there are some people who will not be affected by the restriction they include:
- Canadian citizens or permanent residence coming back into the country.
- Immediate family members of Canadian citizens or permanent residents.
- Immigrants with a valid work permit that is not soon to expire, or those who have been approved for a work permit.
- International students who have a valid study permit, or those who have currently been approved for a study permit.
Some changes have been made concerning Canada’s immigration process, submission, and assessment of the application. Although, applications submitted before the lockdown will still be processed as normal, movements and other activities will be restricted.
Candidates applying for permanent residence, or citizenship will still be considered provided they are living and working in the province, and also meet other requirements. Candidates can still apply to Alberta Opportunity Stream and Alberta Express Entry.
Application Submission Measures
- Candidates submitting a new application during this period must ensure they work with the new guidelines mentioned below: –
- Alberta Immigration hence will not accept any electronic applications. All applications are to be submitted via mail.
- Alberta Immigration has also started accepting documents for applications.
- Candidates can submit their applications with incomplete documents but must provide reasons in writing as to why the documents are missing. Your reasons must be due to the impact of the coronavirus outbreak.
- Some evidence supporting you’re your written reasons will also be required. So do well to request a written report or any other form of evidence to support your claim.
Application Assessment Measures
- All incomplete applications submitted during the coronavirus outbreak period will receive a 60-day extension from the day it was submitted or 60 days from the assessment date for current applications.
- After the 60 days period elapses, a decision will be made using just the information provided.
Latest Buzz On IbuzzUp Media