The University of Manitoba Graduate Fellowships (UMGF) are merit-based awards that are open to students of any nationality who will be registered as full-time graduate students (Masters or PhD) at the University of Manitoba.
The value of these fellowships is $18,000 (Ph.D.) and is $14,000 (Master’s) for a 12 month period. Students are eligible to receive the UMGF for the first 24 months of their Master’s program and the first 48 months of their PhD program.
- Academic standing: Students with a minimum GPA of 3.75 (above B+) in each of the last two years of study at a recognized university based on a Bachelor, Master’s Graduate Diploma or a Doctoral Degree.
- Citizenship: All students regardless of citizenship are eligible to apply. Canadian citizens and permanent residents are encouraged to apply to CIHR, NSERC and SSHRC scholarships, if there are eligible for funding from these research councils. Tricouncil eligible students who do not apply for a tricouncil award may be considered ineligible for a UMGF.
- Fields of study: Students in all fields of graduate study (with the exception of those in the Master of Business Administration (MBA) are eligible to apply, provided their program is eligible for tri-council funding.
- Years of graduate study: Students are eligible to receive the UMGF for the first 24 months of their Master’s program and the first 48 months of their PhD program. Total maximum UMGF support for any individual graduate student is 48 months.
- You must also meet the specific eligibility criteria set by the Department/Faculty, if any.
Please check with your department/faculty for details on how to be considered for a UMGF. Deadline varies per faculty.
It is important to visit the official website for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
All students regardless of citizenship are eligible to apply.